Princess Cruises offers Alaska cruise activities like no other. Our Gold Magellan award-winning North to Alaska program brings local personalities, culture and cuisine onboard and on land to immerse you in all things Alaska. From fresh seafood and guest speakers from Discovery’s™ Deadliest Catch, to snuggling sled-dog puppies our Alaska cruise activities offer you the opportunity to see, feel and taste the best of the Great Land right on board. Make sure to hire an professional tour agent to make your Princess Alaska Dream Vacation a reality. Aqua Breeze Vacations can create your personal Alaska vacation so you can see, taste & experience everything you imagine.
- FRESH ALASKA SEAFOOD – Enjoy an Alaska-themed dinner in the main dining rooms and special Alaska seafood menus in the specialty restaurants onboard.
- COOK MY CATCH – Princess Cruises’ Cook My Catch is our exclusive culinary experience highlighting the pinnacle of fresh seafood. Reel in your fish during the day while on an excursion and enjoy it later that night for dinner, prepared to your liking by our talented chefs! Guests can choose their preferred preparation and accompaniments for their fresh-caught seafood. From the ocean, to your table – in the same day. Fish must be caught while on select Princess approved excursions in Juneau, Ketchikan, Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge, Copper River Princess Wilderness Lodge & Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge and can be served for dinner.
- LOCAL DIVES – Try specialty dishes on board in the top deck grill from local eateries including crab cakes from Tracy’s King Crab Shack in Juneau, fish tacos from The Alaska Fish House in Ketchikan and seafood chowder from Bonanza Bar and Grill in Skagway.
- MEET REAL ALASKANS – There are North to Alaska cruise activities for all interests from cuddling sled-dog puppies to hearing tales from lumberjacks, mountain climbers and Deadliest Catch fishermen.
- NEWCAPTURING THE LAST FRONTIER**Find out what it takes to capture some of the best photos the Great Land has to offer, from the very photographers who took them! Award winning photographers Mark Kelly, Carl Johnson, Daryl Pederson and Kim Heacox share their Alaska photography experiences as well as offer tips and tricks on how you can snap your own frameable Alaska photos.
- PUPPIES IN THE PIAZZA* – Some of Skagway’s newest sled dogs come aboard! Snap a picture with the puppies and meet their dog handlers who will be training them for a life of dog mushing.
- MEET THE MOUNTAIN CLIMBER – Hear first-hand from mountain climbers who have conquered Denali, as they tell the exhilarating stories of their journey and present thrilling photos in the Hudson Theater at the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge®.
- TALES FROM THE DEADLIEST CATCH** – From the popular Discovery™ Channel program, Deadliest Catch, Captain David Lethin and his shipmates from The Aleutian Ballad relate their true-life adventures and experiences in the Bering Sea in pursuit of crab.
- LIVING LIKE A LOGGER HEAD** – Guests will be treated to an exciting demonstration on board that reveals the life and adventures of your host, an actual Alaskan lumberjack, and will include an authentic axe-throwing competition with selected guests. *All Alaska sailings will feature Puppies in the Piazza and Libby Riddles.**Other North to Alaska programs will be available on select sailings in 2019.
- NEW MT. MCKINLEY PRINCESS TREEHOUSE – Experience our brand new treehouse, as seen on Animal Planet’s Treehouse Masters, in 2018! Gain a whole new perspective of Denali, the Great One, from the perch of a custom built treehouse at Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge. Sample rare tree-inspired foods at Sappy Hour, test your Great Land knowledge at Trivia in the Treehouse or make your own ascent to the treehouse as your friendly guide chronicles the first ascent of Denali – complete with hot cocoa and donuts – with our Sourdough Expedition. Discover all the Treehouse fun on a cruisetour to Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge! *Times, dates and any applicable fees for Treehouse programming will be provided upon arrival at the lodge.
- DISCOVERY AT SEA – INSIDE ALASKA WITH DISCOVERY™ – In partnership with Discovery™, Alaska cruises will feature television content from Discovery™ and Animal Planet™ on the wildlife, terrain, history, and adventures of Alaska. Discovery™ hit shows such as Gold Rush! and Panning for Gold, along with episodes of Deadliest Catch and The Klondike mini-series will be featured.
- THE GRAND PRINCESS PROSPECTOR – Transport back to the Gold Rush days of 1898 when you visit the Princess Prospector onboard Grand Princess. Featuring engaging displays that regale viewers with Gold Rush history, the Grand Princess Prospector uncovers just what it took to strike it rich in the great north.
- THE KLONDIKE FESTIVAL – Celebrate the spirit of the Alaska gold rush with the thrill and excitement of a real Klondike Festival. Fun for the whole family, the festival includes gold nugget arts and crafts projects, a naturalist exhibition, harmonica music classes, and North to Alaska dance performances. Enjoy Alaska movies shown on Movies Under the Stars® or listen to a guitarist on deck while sipping hot chocolate.